Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jo-Jo goes to the Hospital

Our youngest son had a lot of dental work so the Dentist suggested going to Wake Med Hospital to do all the dental work in one day. He was the happiest little boy when we got there. He watched TV on my new Sprint touch screen cell phone and played with a lot of toys. As his surgery started we both went and got something to eat and later my wife took a nap in the waiting room while a watched tv on my cell phone and took pictures of my wife sleeping.

Then it happened. After the surgery he was resting as the anesthesia was wearing off, the hospital staff wanted us to quickly get him dressed and ready to leave. Everything from then on went down hill and sonic speed. He was awakened and as I held him down my wife struggled to dress him as he was screaming, kicking, hitting at my wife and me.

All the while the nursing staff played cheerleaders by repeating hospital lingos over and over again. "It's time to go home." "Call if any problems occur" "Have a nice day." While I went to get the van, Jo-Jo was using his mother's head as a punching bag. Even at one point I thought he broke my nose but thats nothing to what my wife looked like by the time we got home.

An hour later he was the sweetest little boy again. Everytime he saw his mother he kept apologizing for what he did. An extra hour at the hospital would have been a lot more better for all of us. Something Wake Med Hospital in Raleigh, NC should think about.


Before surgery


After surgery. Before waking up

No comments: