Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2012

Improving HTC EVO Battery Life


I finally figured out how to extend the battery life of my Sprint HTC Evo 4G android cell phone. When I got the phone, I installed the Android Task Killer and I would constantly notice the map, GPS, voicemail would always be on even after I went in and force closed them. I was getting frustrated as the battery would drain down to 15% within 2 hours of non-use. But then I found the answer to all those problems.

I simply did the following:
·         1.Settings
·         2. Wireless & Networking
·         3. Uncheck everything

I simply turned off the entire data network. I can still use the phone: get the time, play Angry Birds, listen to MP3’s and watch videos and movies downloaded into the phone. If I need to go online I am quickly brought to the screen to turn everything back on.

But for now I’m enjoying the pleasure of not having a land-line cell phone. 

No comments: