Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Gas Attack


Recently, as with every time I get my tax return, I put my car in the shop for a complete tune-up and overhaul. It cost a pretty penny but I had it for over 12 years and have yet to have any major problems with it. That is until a few weeks ago.

After I got the car back I took it to a new Sheetz gas station that just opened up and filled the gas tank up. Twice I filled up the tank from the same gas station and then warning lights started lighting up the dash board. I put it back in the shop where the computer systems said I needed a new catalytic converter. But I was still having problems with the car that the mechanic couldn’t find the cause of it acting the way it was.

Whenever I came to a stop light, I had to put the car in neutral and give it more gas just to keep it running. Even driving became a prayer session as listening and feeling knocking sounds from the engine, even as it struggled to go up hills. But I had a moment of clarity. That and someone else had the same problem; cheap gas.

I went back to the mechanic and sure enough the pieces fit. I have to use the over counter stuff to put in my gas tank to clean the injector heads. If that doesn’t work then it’s another trip to the auto shop to have the whole system cleaned out, again. The very same thing I did before I filled up twice at Sheetz Gas Station. 

Because it’s cheap doesn’t mean it’s worth getting it.

No comments: