Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

How To Gain Weight While Losing Fat

A few months ago I was diagnosed with gout. Very painful that I wouldn't wish it on people I might not like or even hate. My doctor at Duke Medical in Knightdale, North Carolina prescribed Zyloprim and Indocin to remove the buildup of uric acid from my system. By that night I could actually sleep without screaming in pain.  

My follow-up appointment was in two weeks. Until then he asked me to drink only water. This way the water with the combination of the medicine could quickly flush out all the extra buildup of uric acid from my system. It was the most difficult two weeks of my life.  

When I had to pee, it felt like one of the Great Lakes was making its way into the toilet bowl. Plus for the first week I had to deal with the daily volcanic eruptions taking place in my belly. It would give the impression to people all around me to believe that Godzilla was nearby as my butt cheeks were very well clamped hard together.

By my next doctor’s appointment all was well. That is until I noticed my weight. Earlier this year I had my physical and with my weight recorded from two weeks earlier I noticed that I was gaining weight. Yet my clothes were getting looser and I was starting to use another notch on my belt to keep my pants from falling down. I had also cut down on if not completely out of drinking sugary drinks and eating foods with high fructose corn syrup in it.

I mentioned this to my doctor who told me that my muscle growth was increasing as my fat cells were decreasing. If I keep drinking water and watching the types of foods that I eat then not only will I not get gout again but I will have a more muscular built as my fat cells will be more in-line to my body structure.

He did mention that I should continue to get plenty of exercise each day. And I have noticed that for the past two weeks that I have a lot more energy than before. So when it comes to getting plenty of exercise, I try to get plenty of it. But my wife is starting to hate it for I keep waking her up every night to “exercise”. Hey, that’s over a few hundred calories a session and a lot better and cheaper than going to the gym and a lot more fun at that.

No comments: