Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dragonball Z Wanna-be

My two boys recently discovered a cartoon show that I was watching when I was in high school. Over the years I was able to collect the VHS tapes of all the shows and movies only to later begin acquiring the DVD sets. But after surviving the live action fiasco I still remain a fan of the animated show. So when the new series called Dragon Ball Z Kai started, I was more than ready to not only watch this show on TV but to get my kids connected to the show.

At first they weren’t interested at all. More precisely they would leave the room the moment the show came on. But it wasn’t until Vegeta turned into the giant ape that my youngest one started watching it. Bit by bit he would watch, getting to the point he would start You Tube surfing the show to the point he proclaimed himself a fan of the show. But his older brother was still not interested. That is until he started seeing the video’s of the Super Saiyans fighting Cell. Then at that point my oldest son became a huge fan of the show.

Luckily I had a the original series on DVD so they could watch the shows again but this led to a great deal of confusion for the series they are watching on TV is the Dragonball Z Kai version. So it took quite a while to explain the absence of a lot of characters in the Kai version. But overall they’re still huge fans with a great deal of inspiration to learn Karate. Although they are a bit disappointed that they will not be able to fly and shot beams of energy from their hands. For that matter, the ability to turn their hair all glowing yellow. 

No comments: