Total Pageviews

Friday, April 27, 2012

Cyber Bullying on HubPages


If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. And I am still a very quiet person to this day. But recently someone made a comment online at a website I really haven’t visited in a long time. Called HubPages, it’s a website where people can write pretty much whatever their hearts content with. As long as you do not reprint anything that is posted on their website onto another website.

I found that out when I received a warning email stating that I was in violation of their policies when I reprinted one of my stories on my personnel blog site. Since then I stopped posting anything on their website but I still get weekly updates relating to who read my articles and stories. But the other day I received an email from Hub Pages stating:

Your Hub has been identified as Deceptively Titled, Categorized and/or Keyword Stuffed. Your Hub may also be misusing a Recipe or Ratings Capsule. If this is the first time you've gotten an email like this, don't worry! You'll have an opportunity to fix it.

After remembering what my login info was I went to the article in question to find someone called “The Boss” left a comment about it in what I considered to be very vulgar and rude. I notified HubPages who quickly responded by republishing my story. They also made this comment in the email;
Yes, the comment is rude and we suggest that you delete it.

Whomever this person who goes by the name “The Boss” really needs to calm down. I did notice his IP address as 204.195.149.46 which after a quick lookup shows that this person lives near Miami, Florida. But I shall handle this cyber bully, as i see it, by simply ignoring these types of comments. While I publishing them on my blog so other can become aware of these types of people out there.

Below is the comment that was left for me. Please note this person doesn’t seem to like Asian people as my wife is originally from Okinawa.



No comments: