Total Pageviews

Monday, April 23, 2012

Un Ethanol Behavior


Recently with all the problems with my car being connected to the Sheetz gas station cleared up, I was able to move on with other things in my life. But yesterday I met the mechanic who worked on my car and informed me on problems other people were experiencing the same problem I had.

The culprit; ethanol. Older vehicles cannot handle ethanol as it clogs up the fuel injectors. It took two large bottles of the cleaning agent to get all the knocks and kinks out of the engine. I was lucky because many more people had to have their entire system taken out and cleaned. But that day he told me something that most people do not seem to know or once they do they forget about it.

There are many different grades of gasoline sold here in America. People are mainly used to seeing three of these grades when they are at the gas station. Four if you count diesel. At this man garage, he has a contract with the town to service all the police and city equipment. To handle their needs he has to carry the highest grade of gas there is to better handle these vehicles. And that means it’s a bit more expensive than the usual price of gas. But the payoff is the increase gas millage and a cleaner engine one can get that using the cheapest gas.

So now I’m trying out his gas to see if paying more will come out better for my car in the long run. But I do know that I’ll never get any gas from a gas station that has ethanol in it. News Story about this gas station click here.

No comments: