Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 14, 2013

God’s Gonna Take Care of Me

One of the best stories I ever heard in my life told by one of THE greatest story tellers of all time; Mr. Jerry Clower. More info on Mr. Clower here.


Jerry Clower - God's Gonna Take Care of Me by melmika1
Let me tell you a story about a flood in the Delta country. Civil defense folks pulled up to the front porch and there sat a farmer. The water was done up over his boots. The civil defense man in the boat said, “Oh, sir, it’s projected and predicted that the dam is about to burst. Get in the boat. Let me save you.”

He said, “You go ahead, fellow, with your boat. God’s gonna take care of me.”

Five hours later, the boat came back and the fellow was sitting up on the roof, hanging onto the chimney. Water was up over his belt buckle. The civil defense boat pulled up and the man said, “Oh, sir, get in the boat. The dam did burst. Ain’t no hope for you. Get in the boat.”

The man said, “Y’all go ahead. God’s gonna take care of me.”

About an hour later, a helicopter flew over. The man is standing up on the chimney. That helicopter hovered down over him, and let the rope down. They had a bullhorn, “Catch a-hold of the rope, sir! This is your last chance. Catch a-hold of the rope.”

The fellow said, “Go ahead. God’s gonna take care of me.”

Well, the scene shifts to heaven. The fellow is graveyard dead-drowned. The fellow looked at the Lord and said, “Lord, I’m disappointed. You said you was going to take care of me. I’m embarrassed.”

The Lord said, “You dummy, I sent two boats and a helicopter!”

No comments: