Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Where to go

As the war goes on about where is the best place for people to live at, that being the city or in the country, there are many pro’s and con’s that will always leave it at a stalemate. I live in the country so if I have to do any kind of shopping in the city, I try to go to the least amount of places as to not waste my entire day. I have to drive a few miles to do grocery shopping and at least 20 miles to do any kind of major shopping like for clothes, going to the movies, restaurants. Typical forms of shopping that only a city can offer.

Case in point 1. Wednesday, I went to Wal-Mart to buy my wife Full Metal Alchemist Premium Collection OVA on DVD. As I looked upon empty spaces where DVD’s usually are kept, I ask an employee about the DVD to where she looked at the shelf and questioned whether I have my info correct about the release date. I assured her but in the end she new more about selling B.S. than DVD’s so I left.

To maintain brownie points with my wife, I drove 25 miles from Wal Mart in Smithfield to Best Buy in Knightdale and as soon as I entered the store, I saw a wonderful selection of the DVD in question. I will shop at Wal Mart from time to time. But instead of looking at empty shelves and a shopping cart full of new DVD’s in boxes with a sales person who can’t seem to understand how to open them up and look instead of telling a customer to ‘come back later and we might have it out by then’, I’ll just go somewhere else. And to think I still remember their commercials saying ‘NEW MOVIES EVERY TUESDAY’.

Case in point 2. Wendy’s has UB Funkey kid’s meal toy. One Wendy’s in Clayton had story time book on DVD. In Smithfield, they had the UB Funkeys display but only had I Spy DVD computer game. I have two boys and a wife begging to go to as many Wendy’s as possible to find these toys and all I’m finding is a fast food business that doesn’t watch their own commercials to know what they’re selling. I do love the spicy chicken sandwich. I did find the UB Funkeys toys at a Wendy’s in Knightdale.

And at the end of the day with a happy wife and two wonderful kids playing, I go outside on the back porch to look at a starry sky. I have my kid’s night vision goggles and use them to get a good look at some deer that are walking across the field by our house. The only sounds around are those of crickets and bugs making out, fire flies doing their thing, the wind blowing fresh air around with an occasional car driving by the house.

As the battle rages for the best place to live goes on, I plan to one day get a boat and go fishing out in the middle of a lake and think really hard about it.

No comments: