Total Pageviews

Monday, May 24, 2010

Grocery cart drivers

In my dealings with working in grocery stores I have witness a lot of odd shopping habits of people. If people drive a car the way they operate their shopping cart then the apocalypse might arrive a lot quicker than expected. One Saturday I was working at this one store and I came across what most people would call a ‘Road Hog’. She had her personnel notebook filled with about a few thousand coupons and apparently nothing else to do for the whole day.
As I’m moving my cart up the isle that she was on I knew it was going to take a while. For you see it seemed that she required the entire isle to organized her coupons as well as talk to whom ever it was on the phone on what to buy in regards to her coupon collection. And during her conversation she did her best as not to notice me which would require her to move more than 2 inches an hour. Even as I asked her kindly to let me get by she just gave me the universal finger wave for just one more minute and proceeded to turn her head away from me.
But her concentration to her shopping and what to fix for dinner was cut short as another store customer basically told her to move it. To which she instinctively looked my way as if she wanted to rip my head off but tried to act all innocent like when she saw a lot of customers were trying to get by her. The guy who told her to move it made a few more comments to her that used a lot of curse words and except for this lady; everyone else was thinking the same thing that this guy was saying.
 Lucky for me a few customers had already informed the manager about this lady taking up every shopping isle she was on and talking nonstop and loudly on her phone. So when she tried to get me into trouble, the manager was ready to keep her a happy customer and I still have a job with no problems at all with the manager.  And again if people drive their cars the way they use a shopping cart then the end of the world is near.

No comments: