Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Treasure Hunting

After a long period of constant working, I was able to spend more time with my family. So after many hours of playing on the trampoline, I suggested a less exhausting way to play. Little did I know it was going to cause more work for me later on. Behind our house were only a few trees and a tobacco barn. But over the years the trees covered the landscape into a small forest and the tobacco barn has collapsed into a pancake size nursery of small tree poking through what’s left of the roof structure with old farm equipment sprinkled about the area.

As we journeyed through the woods while dodging briers and fallen trees we discovered a graveyard of empty glass bottles. Many were is great condition but a few had the labels pretty much worn away over years of being exposed to the elements. A few of them were of the old Pepsi and Coke glass bottles the still had some of the original soda still inside. Which has led to more work for me during the winter season?

At the advice of my wife, who wants me to clear out a few areas where the boys can move around the woods without hurting themselves. I nearly laughed in her face. Mainly because I grew up in this area and I along with every other kid have explored these woods without having our parents clear out safety paths, cut all the grass and chased out every small animal and bugs from the area. But being the loving husband and guiding father I promised I’ll do it. Keep the wife happy means less arguments and more brownie points for me. I can’t wait to show them the snake filled lake further inside the forest.


No comments: