Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Treasure Story

It’s not a job but an adventure. But a job never-the-less considering I had no other choice. After prodding and threats, I was reduced to cleaning out my son’s room from top to bottom. Four hours and three 55 gallon trash bags later I was finally finished. I found half eaten foods, clothes still in the shopping bag with tags still attached to them, toys they haven’t played with in years. All this and more, just lying in wait from the first bed I worked on.

I would have finished sooner but also in this collective jungle of ancient artifacts and discarded kid meal containers was a vast collection of drawing and other creations they made from school. Whether to keep them or not was an easy decision but it took quite a while to get over the many memories of seeing their childhood history spread out all over their room. A junk filled room to others but a storehouse of treasures to those who can see.

No comments: