Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 7, 2011

New Police Speed Trap

While driving on Highway 540 between Raleigh and Knightdale, North Carolina I noticed the police are getting more creative on catching people speeding on the roads. While coming home I was driving 70 miles per hour in a 65 speed zone. As I was coming up to a car parked on the side of the road that looked broken down due to a white rag hanging out of the car window I notice the driver was still inside the car. Then I noticed a car driving very fast and passed me like I was standing still. Then from my rear view mirror, the car that was on the side of the road took off very fast followed by police lights and sirens.

The officer quickly pulled the speeding car over and as everyone was coming up to the scene at a much slower speed, everyone could easily see the rag connected to the car door. Over the next few days I noticed more of these vehicles parked off the side of the road with someone sitting in it. And for that matter, unmarked police cars with rags hanging from the window.

No comments: