Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Jean

It feels good to breathe again. The reason I say this is a long time ago I messed up a friendship and after 20+ years the buildup of stupidity finally got the best of me to the point I wrote a letter to her. I was taken aback a bit when after I mailed her the letter, I found her Facebook account. And then the pressure began about a day or so later.

You see I can watch science, history, stuff about Astrophysics and I can understand it as clear as a bell. But figuring out if she is still mad at me really goes over my head. Like the space shuttle in orbit. So I figured I would get my wife to help translate what appeared to be a cryptic message directed towards me on her Facebook account. But before doing that she wanted to know the whole story between me and Jean. So I gave her the complete story minus the secret I blabbed to Jean’s sister to which my wife proceeded to give me the evil eye, made a few comments in Japanese and reluctantly helped me out.

After reading the message and seeing Jean's Facebook picture when she was very young, my wife concluded that I was a jackass. No brainer there. But, my wife understanding my heart, gave me a little advise." Letting go of that anger takes time. It’s like a safety blanket that eventually will be to put away. But for now, sending her that letter is like an olive branch.The best way to deal with it is to back away, internet and all, and to continue living your life. If she forgive's you or not she'll let you know. Leave her alone to work it out but keep praying for her." A deep breathe late and I felt great. Then my wife told me if I had done that to her, she would have shot me.

And she would to.

No comments: