Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Got Gas?


In a couple of post recently regarding my car problems, I have done some research with many people saying about the same thing. Depending on what type of car it is, what the manufacturer says which fuel to use and which gas stations one uses all affects the performance of the car.

When I finally got my car working right again, I stopped getting fuel at many gas stations that have ethanol mixed in with the fuel. I have tried a few different gas stations fuel to see which one gives my car better performance. That led me to Fleet Fuels in Wendell, NC. Their gas prices are the highest in the whole area but it came with an unexpectant benefit.

I am paying $4 dollars a gallon for the highest grade of gas. After two complete fuel ups so far I have noticed that my gas millage has improved and the sound of the engine’s roar has come back. This has led to an important decision for me. Pay a great deal more for gas and get a better running and sounding motor or go to a less expensive gas station but lose those benefits?

The expensive gas would mean less major car problems later on in its life. But using a different gas station, I would spend less but risk paying more for future car problems later on.  For now I’ll keep using the expensive gas at Fleet Fuels for two personnel important reasons.

The first one is that I feel safer knowing the engine is running on a more cleaner type of grade of fuel. The second is that I just love hearing the sound of that engine coming back to live as I drive on the freeway.

Past articles:

No comments: